Presented by the BEGINNERS OnSTAGE
Ticket sales of all Stage School mid year season shows have been paused due to the Victorian lockdown and how this may affect capacities once the lockdown is lifted. We will be in contact with all ticketholders as soon as any ongoing restrictions are announced and if any changes need to be made to the performance. Refunds/exchanges will only be offered at this point and as required.
TICKET PURCHASE OPTIONS
BUY ONLINE – USE THE PURPLE BUY TICKET BUTTON ABOVE
from 9:00am Tue, 11 May 2021.
$4.00 booking fee
Call Head Office on 8199 8344 from 9:00am Wed, 12 May 2021.
$6.50 booking fee
At Head Office (23 Allen Street, Moreland) from Wed, 12 May 2021.
$6.50 booking fee
Tickets purchased at performance venue immediately prior to show. Any unsold tickets are available for purchase from 45 minutes prior to commencement of performance.
Bookings accepted up until 1 hour prior to the performance where tickets are still available.
You cannot purchase tickets at your venue via your Site Manager.
Darebin Arts Centre is easily accessible by tram, train, bus and bike. Help reduce your environmental impact and rethink your need to drive.
Route 11 (get off at stop 40, a further 10 minute walk)
Route 86 (get off at stop 45, a further 10 minute walk)
Mernda Line (get off at Bell Station, a further 5 minute walk)
Route 513 (Get off at corner of Bell Street and St Georges Road, a further 2 minute walk)
Route 903 (Get off at corner of Bell Street and St Georges Road, a further 2 minute walk)
For help planning your tram, train or bus trip visit ptv.vic.gov.au
By bike or foot:
Darebin Arts Centre is conveniently located along the St Georges Road shared path, ideal for cycling or walking.
Darebin Arts Centre’s car park entrance is accessible from Peter Street and St Georges Road. Our car park offers 150 unrestricted parking spaces (including four accessible parking spaces).
Before attending please check the Victorian Government’s website for all current regulations and restrictions coronavirus.vic.gov.au to do your part to ensure a safe event for everyone.
Do not attend if you are experiencing COVID-like symptoms including fever, chills or sweats, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, runny nose and loss or change in sense of smell or taste.
All visitors must sign in for contact tracing purposes using the QR code which will be displayed around the venue.
Please respect each other’s space, adhere to social distancing guidelines and follow directions from front of house staff.
Hand sanitiser will be available on site.
Stage School, in close consultation the theatres we hire and the DHHS, has implemented all legally required and recommended control measures in relation to COVID-19. By purchasing tickets and entering the theatre all visitors acknowledge and accept that there currently remains an unquantifiable risk of transmission of COVID-19. All visitors are assumed to have assessed this risk of transmission, including through consideration of their own health condition, in making the decision to attend. See Stage School Australia’s Covid-Safety Event Registration.
Please have the ticket barcode ready to be scanned on your phone (it may be easier to screenshot each ticket/barcode). Ensure you have your phone brightness turned up.
You can also print out the barcoded tickets for scanning.
After you booked your tickets you will have automatically received a confirmation by email. This email will usually come through in a few minutes but please allow up to 24hrs. If you haven’t received the confirmation, please check your spam or junk mail folders. If you still haven’t received the confirmation but funds have been debited, you may have made an error in your email address during the booking process. Please contact our office and we can check this for you and make any amends (03) 8199 8344.
We will also send you an automatic email reminder 24 hours out from your performance date/time.
Performances are recommended as suitable for children aged 4 years and above.
The performances are approximately 2 hours long may contain loud sound effects or music. You may be asked to leave the venue if your child is noisy or disturbing other patrons. All patrons over the age of 12 months must have a valid ticket.
If you intend to bring a child who is 12 months or younger to sit on your lap, please call our office so we can allocate complimentary a ticket to ensure we adhere to Covid-19 capacity limits.
Stage School reserves a number of seats for patrons in wheelchairs. Please contact Stage School Head Office (on 8199 8344) after tickets go on sale if your booking includes wheelchair seating. Wheelchair seats are prioritised to users and their carers only.
1. Issue of tickets: All ticket orders are subject to credit card approval and billing address verification. Tickets will only be issued with full payment.
2. Refunds & Exchanges:
a. Please choose your tickets (and seats) carefully and ensure you are booking tickets for the performance your child is performing in.
b. Tickets may only be exchanged at the discretion of Stage School. A $10.00 fee per ticket applies to all exchanges.
c. There are NO REFUNDS for change of mind.
d. Refund/exchange transactions will only be negotiated with the person that purchased the tickets.
e. COVID-19 – If you or another person attending as part of the same booking, or the student performing, is unwell and/or must isolate due to COVID-19, refunds or exchanges will be made at the discretion of Stage School Australia and when all the following conditions are met:
i. In the event the individual is an audience member, the refund/exchange only applies to the ticket of the Covid-19 affected person, except in the case that a whole family group is unwell/isolating and the entire booking is affected.
ii. In the event the Covid-19 affected individual is a student, the refund/exchange will apply to the entire booking, except where a sibling is performing in the same show and ticketed audience members can still attend. For students performing in multiple performances, refunds/exchanges will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis depending on the length of time required for isolation and the number shows affected.
iii. Written verification that the person(s) must isolate due to COVID-19 which includes, but is not limited to:
1. Evidence of a positive COVID-19 test result requiring isolation.
2. Evidence that a COVID-19 test has been taken and the person must isolate until they receive results.
3. Evidence that you are unable to travel to attend the event due to border restrictions.
4. Evidence that you have been notified as being a close contact of a confirmed case of COVID-19
f. If an exchange is granted, the ticket(s) will be moved to a different performance, if one exists and subject to availability.
g. Refunds are available in certain other circumstances, such as where a performance is cancelled, rescheduled to a time at which you cannot attend or significantly relocated due to events beyond the control of Stage School Australia, or as otherwise required by law including the Australian Consumer Law.
3. Incomplete bookings: Stage School does not take responsibility for incomplete bookings and our staff are unable to assist with enquiries regarding online bookings unless either you have received a booking confirmation number, or you have other evidence that you have paid in full.
4. Seat allocations and resale: While every effort is made to ensure availability, occasionally a performance will sell out. Seats will be allocated at the time tickets are booked. You must not resell, or offer for sale, any tickets at a premium. If you do so, we may cancel the ticket without a refund.
5. Unsold tickets: Unsold tickets will be available for purchase online until 60 minutes before the performance, and then at the Box Office from 45 minutes prior to the performance.
6. Children: It is a policy of Stage School that all patrons over the age of 12 months must have a valid ticket and a separate seat. Children who are 12 months or younger may enter free of charge but must sit on an adult’s lap at all times. We ask that patrons comply with this rule in the interests of personal and public safety, and the comfort and convenience of other patrons. You should also check the policies of the venue with respect to infants, including the storage of prams and change rooms. We do not control and are not responsible for facilities at the venues.
7. Recording devices: The use of video cameras, sound recording devices and photography, including mobile phones, tablets etc, in the venue of the performance is prohibited.
8. Removal from venue: We reserve the right to request any patron attending a performance to leave the venue if you breach these terms and conditions; or you disturb the performers in the performance; or otherwise adversely affect the enjoyment of the performance by others. This includes but is not limited to any noisy or disruptive children accompanying you.
9. Latecomers: To avoid disruption to performers and audience members, and ensure the safety of patrons, latecomers will only be admitted at the discretion of theatre management and at an appropriate time in the show (if applicable). You may be seated in a different location from your ticketed position until a suitable time when you can move to your originally assigned seat (if possible).