The YABC is a singing, acting and dancing course that helps you to unlock the confidence to share your natural performing skills with the world. Through weekly rehearsals with professional music directors,
choreographers and drama directors, we encourage students to extend themselves, gain new skills and progress up through the YABC levels.
The YABC teaching methodology places an emphasis on creative drama as a means to developing performing skills. We believe it is important to turn our students into talented musical theatre performers in song, dance and drama. Our repertoire is chosen according to the age and level of each group, placing a focus on the skills students are developing.
All YABC students attend a weekly class, which is divided into sessions with a Musical Director, Dance Director and Drama Director.
Each of these sessions follows a similar format:
- Warm Up (safe dance and vocal warm-ups, focus exercises in Drama).
- Skill Work (diction and range exercises in voice, flexibility, coordination and specific steps in dance, various theatre games and activities in drama).
- Repertoire Rehearsal (rehearsals for upcoming performances).
- Song and Dance performance repertoire is selected from the musical theatre and popular music canons.
- Entry level (Training) rehearsals are 2 – 2.25 hours in duration. Performing level rehearsals are 3 hours in duration, and also include tap dance in the curriculum.