STAGE SCHOOL AUSTRALIA ADVANCES YOUNG PEOPLE’S PERSONAL SKILLS THROUGH TRAINING IN THE PERFORMING ARTS.
With a friendly and supportive environment and a dedicated team of professionals, we develop natural abilities and foster a lifelong love of learning and creativity.
Our extensively developed curriculum combines a mix of on-stage and off-stage rehearsals and performances. We aim to foster self-confidence and public speaking skills in a group environment, as well as boost abilities through live performances. We truly believe that the skills developed in the performing arts provide a solid platform for young people to take on the world. While our programmes offer continued learning outside of school, the core of our philosophy is a focus on ensuring our students enjoy their experience and have fun.
Research proves that active participation in the arts positively impacts on young people in the following areas:
- Social and personal development
- Attitudes to learning
- Knowledge of the arts associated skills
- Competencies such as writing, communicating, problem solving, planning, organising, perseverance and appreciation of teamwork
- Appreciation of the arts and culture in general
“Right from the very first rehearsal, our son was smitten with it. He comes home buoyed by the confidence given him by the wonderful teachers he’s come into contact with and from the friendships he’s developing. We appreciate how well run Stage School Australia is, as well as how thorough you are in taking care of all the details involved in putting together such massive performance seasons - you’ve achieved the full sensory experience!” Parent
What We Offer
- Wide range of classes for 4-18 year olds - choose between Drama or Musical Theatre, or do both!
- Develop successful life skills like confidence, communication and teamwork in a fun, inspiring way.
- 20 convenient locations across metro Melbourne.
- Structure and progression - Stage School’s hierarchy of courses offer the widest possible choice, and the most appropriate training, for all ages and levels of ability with the opportunity to progress through the organisation from beginner to advanced.
- Great Value - all weekly classes, workshops and costumes included.
- Perform on stage twice a year.
- Well Established - over 30 years of success.
- Highly Qualified, experienced teachers.
- Show Costumes from our vast, high quality collection (no need to make or buy).
- Talent Agency - opportunity to join.
“We chose Stage School Australia because it was all in one location, Drama, Dance and Vocal…a friend told us that her daughter was with you guys and how fantastic the company was. So we looked and we were hooked!” Parent
Changing from the Children’s Performing Company of Australia to STAGE SCHOOL AUSTRALIA
After 30 fantastic years of developing young people’s skills through the performing arts under the umbrella company the Children’s Performing Company of Australia (CPCA), in 2014 we decided that it was time to refresh the company’s name to Stage School Australia to better reflect what the organisation is today. Since our humble beginnings in a church hall, the organisation has expanded to encompass the Victorian Youth Theatre, the Young Australian Broadway Chorus, Beginners OnStage, the Talent Company of Australia, and the Australian Boys Dance Academy.
The company structure, staffing and ownership remains unchanged with founder Patrick Conlan and Eileen Dunn continuing as Directors of this Australian-owned, family business.