The Stage School Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 14 007 339 675) (Stage School Australia,we,us,our) is committed to the protection of your personal and sensitive information.
What does this policy cover?
Stage School Australia is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs). This policy sets out how we collect, store, use and disclose your information which includes:
- personal information - which is any information or opinion about a person whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from that information or opinion;
- sensitive information - which includes any information or opinion about a person's: racial or ethnic origin; religious beliefs or affiliations; philosophical beliefs sexual orientation or practices; criminal record; or health including illness, disability or injury.
What information do we collect?
Stage School Australia collects information about students and the student's parents/guardians which may include names, dates of birth, addresses, contact details, financial details (including bank account and credit card details), health details, learning and behavioural details, passport details, guardianship status as well as photographs and audio and video recordings of students in classes and performances.
Stage School Australia also collects information about job applicants, staff members, contractors and those who provide services to or for us which may include names, dates of birth, addresses, contact details, financial details, health details, the results of Working with Children Checks, driver's licence details and information as required for insurance purposes.
How do we collect this information?
Stage School Australia collects information from you directly such as when you submit an application,invoice or enrolment form to us, issue to us or pay an invoice, contact us directly or when you consent to a third party providing it to us (for instance if you agree to a Working with Children Check).
In the case of students, we may also collect information from the student's parents/guardians.
Stage School Australia may also collect or generate information about you as a result of software and other applications used by us, such as through our website and social media accounts.
How do we use this information?
In respect of information about students and the student's parents/guardians, Stage School Australia collects, uses and discloses your information:
- to process student applications, enrolments and payments;
- to support the educational and health needs of students;
- to organise car pooling for students;
- in the case of photographs and audio and video recordings of classes and performances - for archival, educational and marketing purposes;
- where you have given us your consent - to provide you with details of our courses, activities, events, related products and services and resources that we think may be of interest to you, including by electronic means.
In respect of information about people other than students and the student's parents/guardians, Stage School Australia collects, uses and discloses your information:
- to assess your suitability for employment;
- to support the health and wellbeing of staff members, contractors and service providers;
- to comply with our legal and insurance obligations, including under anti-discrimination laws, occupational health and safety laws, public liability insurance, employment and contractual obligations and to investigate any incidents.
Stage School Australia also collects, uses and discloses information:
- to respond to your requests and provide the best possible service;
- for our day-to-day administration purposes;
- for a purpose related (or in the case of sensitive information, directly related) to the primary purpose for which it was collected, if you would reasonably expect us to do so;
- where we believe it is reasonably necessary to prevent a serious threat to the life, health or safety of any individual;
- for any other purpose, with your consent;
- as otherwise permitted under the Privacy Act.
Who do we share your information with?
Stage School Australia does not sell, license or rent your information to others.
Stage School Australia may disclose your information for the purposes set out above to the following people:
- in the case of organising car pooling - with your consent, your name, address and contact details to the parents/guardians of other students;
- in the case of photographs, audio and video recordings of students - to the public;
- to our staff members, contractors and service providers as needed in relation to one of the purposes set out above (and if we provide your information to any third parties, we require them to hold and use your information for that purpose only and in accordance with the Privacy Act);
- to any other people with your consent.
How do we protect your information?
Stage School Australia takes reasonable measures to protect your information from unauthorised access, disclosure and modification. Our staff members and contractors are subject to obligations of confidentiality and we maintain appropriate physical and digital security for your information. These measures include: providing training for our staff members and contractors who have access to your information; maintaining a secure digital database; and destroying or de-identifying your information when Stage School Australia no longer needs it and it is permitted by law to do so.
We generally store your information in Australia andbut we may engage an overseas recipient to provide services to us, such as cloud-based storage solutions. The use of overseas service providers to store information will not always involve a disclosure of information to that overseas service provider. However, by providing us with your information, you consent to the storage of such information on overseas servers and acknowledge that APP 8.1 will not apply to such disclosures. For the avoidance of doubt, in the event that an overseas recipient breaches the APPs, that entity will not be bound by, and you will not be able seek redress under, the Privacy Act.
Please contact us immediately if you think there has been unauthorised use of your information. To the extent permitted by law, we exclude any liability for loss or damage caused by unauthorised access to and/or use of your information.
How do you access and update your information?
Stage School Australia uses its reasonable endeavours to ensure that your information that we hold is accurate, complete and up-to-date. You have the following choices and rights:
- whether to receive marketing communications from Stage School Australia;
- to request a copy of your information (subject to Stage School Australia charging a reasonable fee, at our discretion, to provide it);
- to delete, or request any correction to, your information, which Stage School Australia will do if it is reasonable to do so. If we do not, you may ask us to provide a written notice stating the reasons for refusing to do so.
If a student is under the age of 18, Stage School Australia will only provide that student's information to the student or the student's parent or guardian. If a student is over the age of 18, Stage School Australia will only provide that student's information to the studentor otherwise with the student's consent.
How do you contact us?
If you have any enquiries or complaints or wish to access, delete or correct any of your information:
- current staff should contact Stage School Australia at firstname.lastname@example.org call 8199 8344;
- contractors and service providers should contact Stage School Australia at email@example.com call 8199 8344;
- all other people, including students and the student's parents/guardians should contact Stage School Australia at firstname.lastname@example.org call 8199 8344.
Alternatively, you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at:
Telephone: 1300 363 992
Postal: GPO Box 5218, Sydney NSW 2001
This policy was last updated on 27 February 2019.